The Embassy of Namibia in Washington, DC is seeking to recruit a full-time utility driver.
- Responsible for and drives the representational vehicle or any vehicle for assignments as directed by Supervisor or in the absence of the Supervisor by the Substitute.
- Maintain the vehicles to a high standard, ensuring they are always clean and safe to drive.
- Ensures that the vehicle always conforms to the requirements of roadworthiness and displays license decals and other documentation required by the US authorities.
- Reports all accidents, however, minor involving the Embassy cars to the Second Secretary for appropriate action.
- Observes all traffic regulations and is held responsible for any infringement of the United States traffic regulations.
- Complete vehicle running sheets/logbook for each vehicle used and maintain adequate stock of vehicle running sheets/logbook in the vehicle as per the Embassy policy and procedure.
- Undertakes additional duties and after-hours duties as required.
The positions are open to all applicants legally residing in the United States at the time of appointment and authorized to work.
Please note that the Embassy of Namibia does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interviews/exams nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
Interested applicants should send an up-to-date CV detailing their education and experience to date and the deadline for receipt of applications is Tuesday 31 October 2023.
Ms. Ndeshipanda Nghitewapo