To apply for a new passport, you’ll need the following:
- A duly filled application form
- For security purposes, passport forms are no longer available on the website for download.
- Kindly email the Embassy (email@example.com) for an application form to be mailed to you. Kindly include name and home address. We can only send to the countries our Embassy is accredited to.
- Certified copy of the information page of the passport. If the passport was lost/stolen, the applicant must fill out the Declaration of Lost Document form and attach a Police Affidavit.
- Attach a colored 2” x 2” photograph (white background, shoulders square to camera, forehead/shoulders/ears must not be covered, no visible shadow, no head gear, no uniform, no smile, no eyeglasses, no earrings for men, no eyebrow/chin/ nose rings for all applicants, requirements as per International Standards).
- Certified copy of a Namibian Birth Certificate
- Certified copy of a Namibian Identity Document (both sides of the ID)- If applicant never applied for an ID before, send a signed statement explaining why the applicant never had an ID. If lost, request for a Duplicate ID form from the Embassy. If married but did not change the ID to married name, applicant must apply to change name on ID.
- Certified copy of Namibian Citizenship Certificate (if applicant was born outside Namibia)
- Certified Copy of Marriage Certificate (If applying to change to married name, applicant must also apply to change their name on the Namibian ID. The form can be requested from the Namibian Embassy)
- Certified Copy of Divorce Certified for those who wish to revert to their maiden name
- For Minors under 16: Certified Copy of parent’s Identification and any child over 13 must sign their own application
- If applying earlier than the 6-month expiration date, applicant must submit a signed statement explaining why the passport must be applied early.
- A self-addressed, pre-paid envelope from DHL, FEDEX or United States Postal Service only with tracking. Receipt of payment for the envelope must be attached. Please do NOT send UPS envelopes.
- Application Fees: US$28.00 – Regular processing; US$56.00 – If the passport is still more than 6 months valid; US$62.00 – Lost/damaged unexpired passport. We only accept money order or certified check from the bank, no personal checks. The money order or check must be payable to the EMBASSY OF NAMIBIA.
– The Ministry of Home Affairs will not process application forms without a Namibian Birth Certificate or Namibian Citizenship Certificate. If you are not able to produce a Birth Certificate, you must first apply for a duplicate Birth Certificate before applying for the Namibian passport.
– The signatures on the passport application and Namibian ID must match unless the applicant is changing the last name. If the applicant changes last name to a married name, the names in the application and the signature must be in the married name. Please note that the Ministry does not hyphenate last names.
–The Commissioner of Oaths must be filled out by a Notary Public not by the applicant; however, the “Sign Here Also” part must be signed by the applicant in the presence of the Notary Public/Commissioner of Oaths.
– All documents must be certified within the last 6 months.
What do I do with the completed documents?
Once you have all the required documents, please place them in one envelope and mail them to the following address:
The Embassy of the Republic of Namibia in Washington, DC
Attn: Consular Section
1605 New Hampshire Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20009
How long does it take?
In general, the processing time is 1-3 months. However, the speed at which your papers will be processed depends greatly on your ability to furnish the Embassy with all the proper documents. It is always recommended that you send your application material far in advance of when your need them and that you make copies of your records before sending them through the mail.
NO ERASURES PLEASE