APPLICATION FOR VISA OR PERMIT
Please click here to get the list of countries that have Visa Exemption Agreements with Namibia.
IF YOU ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY FOR A VISA, PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
- A duly filled and signed application form
- Valid passport with at least 6 months validity from the date of entry and at least 3 or more full blank pages
- Attach 2 colored 2” x 2” photographs, taken within three months before the date of application, showing a clear front view of applicant’s face, with a white background. No sleeveless attire and eyeglasses. Men should not wear earrings. Blurred or low quality photos are not accepted.
- A self-addressed, pre-paid envelope from DHL, FEDEX or United States Postal Service only with tracking. Receipt of payment for the envelope must be attached. Please do NOT send UPS envelopes.
- Cash, money order or certified United States bank check (personal checks will not be accepted) payable to the Embassy of Namibia (fees below). Payments must be in US Dollars.
- Business letter stating nature of visit (if applicable)
- Proof of confirmed return ticket
- Copy of legal residence in the countries accredited to the Embassy of the Republic of Namibia in Washington, DC (list below)
- Proof of confirmed hotel reservations or tour/safari confirmation (Official receipt/signed invitation letter)
- Proof of financial statement for a period of six (6) months from applicants. For dependents who are minors or spouses, kindly attach a signed letter of the person responsible for the expenses.
- If invited, show proof of : Legal status of inviter (if invited), Six (6) months bank statement from the inviter (if invited), Deed of Surety signed by the inviter (Form)
Requirements for holders of Diplomatic, Official and Laisser-Passer (United Nations, World Bank and International Monetary Fund)
- A duly filled and signed application form
- Valid passport with at least 6 months validity from the date of entry and at least 3 or more full blank pages;
- Two (2) colour 2 x 2 passport photographs (should be identical)
- A self-addressed, pre-paid envelope from DHL, USPS or FEDEX only with tracking. Receipt of payment for the envelope must be attached
- Complete flight itinerary
- An official letter from the applicant’s diplomatic mission/organization. The letter should state the full identity of the visa applicant and the grounds for him/her holding a diplomatic/official passport (position within the diplomatic mission or family links with an official), the full details of the travel document, and the purposes and dates of the stay in Namibia.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to provide an email address in case additional documents are needed.
- All documents must be written in English.
- Further information may be requested depending on individual circumstances.
- Visitors with tourist visas are not allowed to engage in any employment while in the country.
- Work/Study/Research visa applications must be sent to the Ministry of Home Affairs. Check their website for more information http://www.mha.gov.na/.
- Here are the guidelines when travelling to and from Namibia with children.
- GENERAL INFORMATION ON REQUIRED VACCINES AND COVID-19 MEASURES:
COVID 19 Measures Summary for International Travelers
The Yellow Fever vaccination is required only if you travel to these countries prior to traveling to Namibia: List of Countries
Fees and Processing times:
- Single entry, 3 months validity – US$50.00
- Multiple Entry, 3 months validity – US$100.00
How Long Does It Take?
The processing time is a minimum of 3 working days after the application is submitted but incomplete forms and requirements may delay the process. Visa applications should be submitted between 09:00 and 11:00 am and pick up is 3:00-4:00 pm.
All visas are processed around the date the application forms are received and will be valid for 3 months. Do not apply for the visa more than 3 months in advance of the planned travel date.
What Do I Do with the Completed Documents?
Once you have all the required documents, please place them in one envelope and mail them to the following address:
The Embassy of the Republic of Namibia in Washington, DC
Attn: Consular Section
1605 New Hampshire Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20009
Countries Accredited to the Embassy of the Republic of Namibia in Washington, DC
- Costa Rica
- El Salvador
- United States of America