The Namibian Government and private sector are seeking partners in realising identified viable projects and business opportunities on a mutually beneficial basis.
- Direct private investment
- Joint venture
- Public-private partnership
Why invest in Namibia?
- Peace, stability and good governance
- First world road, rail and air infrastructure
- Excellent telecommunications network
- Wide inter-continental market access
- Liberal investment regime
- Stable labour environment
- Generous investment regimes
- Fast, efficient and transparent bureaucracy
- Low inflation
- Stable foreign exchange reserves
- Strategically located, low cost and efficient port
- Young and trainable labour force
- Good housing and recreational facilities
Potential areas for Business and Investment in Namibia
Agriculture and Agro-industry
- Investment opportunities exist in value-added local processing of livestock, ostrich farming, crop production and food processing.
- Good prospects exist for extensive horticulture, such as grapes, olive oil, jojoba and cut flowers.
- Cotton production and establishment of a cotton ginnery
Mining and Energy
- Extensive mineral deposits
- Diamonds, uranium, gold, copper, lead, zinc and other base metals
- Semi-precious stones and many types of dimension stones.
- Value-addition encouraged
- Manufacturing (jewelry)
- Good prospects for oil and gas prospecting, exploration and processing
- Namibia has rich marine resources and fishing grounds.
- Mariculture and aquaculture potentials exist.
- Opportunities exist for fish processing and canning.
- Spectacular scenery and wildlife
- Excellent infrastructure, warm climate and friendly atmosphere
- Opportunities in the development of up-market hotels, International conference centres, lodges, game parks, traveling and general hospitality industry