Please read the list of requirements carefully, a link to download this form is at the end of the requirements.


Permission to film in Namibia may be obtained through your local film service provider (recommended), or the following forms need to be completed (forms available for download at the bottom of this page):

  • Application form “Filming Permit in Namibia”
  • Any commercial filming or photography in Namibia needs to direct a request to the Namibian Film Commission three weeks before arrival by completing an application form and fax it to the Commission. An administrative fee of N$ 500 is payable to the Namibian Film Commission.
  • Application form for temporary work permit from the Ministry of Home Affairs, can also be done through your local service provider
  • All foreign crews working in Namibia must have valid temporary work permits to work on a film set in Namibia, even if it is for only one day.

Filming in National Parks

  • Application for the creation of visual, audio or audio visual recordings and professional photography in national parks from the Ministry of Environment and Tourism and once again your local service provider can facilitate this process.

Filming of Minority Groups

  • Application for permission to film or photograph minority groups from Legal Assistance Center (

Completion of Film Project

  • Location Production Expenditure Report
    All film production companies are requested to complete a Location Production Expenditure Report after completion of filming. The report serves the Film Commission as feedback and support.
  • Two edited copies of the finished product for our archives
    For record purposes we request to provide us with two copies of the finished product which should to be directed to the Namibia Film Commission.

Bank Details

Account name: Namibia Film Commission Secretariat
Bank name: First National Bank Namibia
Account number: 62086706515
Branch: Windhoek Commercial Suite
Branch code: 281-927
Swift code: FIRNNANX

Tax and Financial

  • VAT charge on most goods and services procured in Namibia can be claimed back. Your local service provider will assist.
  • Film production or photography companies should obtain an ATA Carnet for their filming equipment before departure from country of residence.

For more information, you check the Namibia Film Commission website


Click here to download the Filming Permit [PDF]
Click here to download the Temporary Work Visa [PDF]
Click here to download the Financial Expenditure Report [PDF]
Click here to download the Ministry of Tourism Application Form [PDF]